Italian Wedding Soup with Turkey Meatballs & Orzo
(Recipe adapted from this one.)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 10 oz. box of frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out.
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute carrots, onion and celery in oil until soft and starting to brown.
- While veggies cook, make the meatballs: mix turkeys, eggs, breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper in a separate mixing bowl. Form into ½ inch balls, and set on a baking sheet.
- Cook meatballs on the baking sheet in 375F degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to veggies and then stir in the thawed spinach.
- Let the mixture reduce on high heat.
- Add pasta to soup to cook.
- When meatballs are cooked, add them to the soup.
- Boil 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
|The next day: from soup to pasta salad...|