Another Pioneer Woman recipe! Last time it was mashed potatoes... today it's a super sweet & delicious blackberry cobbler. I think this is the absolute easiest dessert I have ever made. It took about 10 minutes to put together, an hour to bake, and was absolutely perfect with more vanilla ice cream.
I made this exactly from the recipe as well, but I ran out of real sugar so I substituted Truvia. It worked pretty well. This was still very sweet. I've never made this before, so I don't know if it made any kind of a difference, but maybe next time I'll try it with all sugar substitute. It'll make me feel better about there being a whole stick of butter in this =)
The Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler
(Original recipe found here.)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 cup of milk (I used fat free)
- 2 cups of fresh blackberries (or whatever fruit you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan or microwavable dish.
- Mix sugar, flour and milk together. Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray, or butter the dish.
- Pour batter into dish and then drop in blackberries. Make sure to evenly distribute them.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the top.
- Bake for one hour or until golden and bubbly.